With Dentally's Patient Portal and Online Appointment Booking, patients can manage their appointments at their convenience. Practices have full control over what can be accessed through the Portal, including the taking of payments for deposits and missed appointments.
This page is for Practices. How the Patient Portal and Online Appointment Booking appears to patients have their own web pages.
Set up the Patient Portal and/or Online Appointment Booking
Setting up the Patient Portal and /or Online Appointment Booking is a simple process.
- Practices ask Dentally to join the Patient Portal or Online Booking here
- Once a Practice has an account :
- Practices select their plan - Online Appointment Booking, or Online Patient Portal (see below for the options for each plan)
- Practices create their new Online Booking User account.
- Practices complete and return the Online Booking Personalisation form.
- The Dentally team set up the appropriate Online Booking option for each Practice and informs the Practice when it is complete.
- Practices log in to the Patient Portal Dashboard with the new Online Booking User account.
- Practices set up a Stripe(TM) account if they wish to take online payments through the Portal.
- Practices create their new Online Booking Button and add it to their website
- Practices liaise with Dentally about their "go live" date
- Practices inform patients that they can now book online.
Set up your Online Appointment Booking User Account in Dentally
- In order to use Online Appointment Booking, and distinguish online bookings from those made by members of staff in Practice, you will need to set up a new Online Booking user. Call them "Online Booking System" or something equally easy to distinguish them.
- They will require a valid email and phone number. Remember that you must have a unique email address for each user account in Dentally, so this user needs a unique email address.
- Check that Two-Factor Authentication is disabled, that the Permission level is "4-Administrator" and there are NO IP restrictions.
- Follow the instructions on the Adding a new user to Dentally webpage to complete the process.
- When you have completed the new user and verified their account, you now need to set up your Practice Online Booking Portal account.
Set up your Practice Patient Portal and / or Online Appointment Booking account
- Using your new Online Booking user, log in to your Online Booking Portal Dashboard.
- Let the Dentally team know you have done this successfully.
- Set up Online Payments (see below) if required. Let the Dentally team know when this has been done.
- The Dentally team will now take over and set up the Portal for you using the details from your Online Booking Personalisation form.
Prepare to take Online Payments - Stripe
- You need to create a Stripe Account, or link to an existing one, if you want to take online payments. The Dentally team cannot do this for you.
- From your Online Appointments Dashboard, click on the Payment Setup tab or the left-hand menu.
- Select Setup New account
- Enter the email of the person who would be able to set up a stripe account for the practice (bank and company details etc) and click on Create Account
- Follow the instructions on the email you receive from Stripe to the inbox of the email address you used. You will need your bank details here.
- When the account has been set up successfully, you will see the Stripe account setup in Dentally Patient Portal with Online Appointment Booking.
- If you have a Stripe account already, then you simple ask the relevant person to login to the online appointments dashboard (https://admin.dentr.co.uk/) and connect your Stripe account in the Payment Setup / Online Payments section.
Select Your Online Booking Plan in Dentally
There are two plans available. Select your plan
Online Appointment booking
- New patients can book in and register
- Existing patients can book recall and non-recall appointments
- Patients can cancel and confirm appointments
- Deposits for appointments can be taken
- Patients can check-in online
The Patient Portal
- Existing Patients can update their medical history
- Existing patients can update their contact details
- Existing patients can pay off outstanding balances
- Existing patients can view and sign Treatment Plan Estimates
- Site branding can be set
- Promotional codes for treatments
- Reporting feature
New features are added regularly so talk to our Dentally Sales team about the right Plan for you. Contact Dentally here
Managing Your Patient Portal and/or Online Appointment Booking through the Dashboard
Additional Web pages to support Managing Patient Portal and Online Appointment Booking are below: