In NHS Scotland all U18 routine dental work is covered by capitation.
How to make sure your NHS-Scotland U18 claim will be sent (and paid)
- When you see your U18 for the 1st time, open a Treatment Plan and chart REGN
- Save and Submit that treatment plan with NO OTHER TREATMENT on the plan.
- This sets a flag on the child’s record that they are registered with that dentist at that practice and the practice / dentist is paid capitation for them.
- Now open a new Treatment Plan and chart the treatment.
- Save and Complete the Treatment Plan.
- Submit the Treatment Plan.
- If there is only capitation work, the claim will bounce back because there is nothing to claim for.
- If there is non-capitation work, the claim will go through successfully.
- If there is a mix of capitation and non-capitation work, only the non-capitation work can be claimed.
NHS Scotland U18 Capitation Treatment Codes
As of September 2019, these are the treatment codes covered by capitation:
0111 0121 0101 3601 4701
0201 0202 0203 0204 0205 0206 0207 4901 4911 4921 4931
1001 1011 1021