When charting fillings in the patient’s Treatment or Base Chart; selecting the filling type and clicking on each surface will chart separate surfaces with each click.
This will draw the icons and create separate treatment lines accordingly. The patient would also be charged for separate fillings.
The icon below shows a tooth containing separate Mesial and Occlusal fillings.
To link the surfaces together to become part of the same filling, you need to follow this procedure:
- Select the filling type from the Treatment List
- Click the first surface on the tooth
- Hold the Alt key on your keyboard
- Click the additional surfaces to be joined as part of the same filling
- Release the Alt key on the keyboard
The multi surface filling will be displayed as below. A single treatment line and charge will be created for the patient.