Your inbox can be found on the main menu bar. Here you can access the practice inbox where all incoming patient Email and SMS correspondence is displayed.
Incoming correspondence is split between correspondence that is assigned and unassigned.
Select the correspondence you want to deal with and mark it as read, or archive it.
- Select All - select all messages
- Unread - mark selected messages as unread
- Archive - archive selected messages
You can also choose between viewing Email or SMS correspondence.
You know you have unread new messages, when there is a blue dot on the tab.
The blue dot will show if there are new assigned incoming messages in any of your site's inboxes - not just the sites you are viewing.
Matching Unassigned correspondence to a patient
If a message came from a source that Dentally recognises, such as a patient’s email address or mobile number, it will also be displayed in the patient’s Correspondence tab in their records.
If the message does not come from a source that Dentally recognises, these are found in the tab Unassigned SMS or Unassigned Email.
To attach Unassigned Correspondence to a patient’s correspondence,
- open the correspondence
- click on the ‘Assign to Patient’ option when viewing the message.
- Search for the patient’s name in theSearch Patient field at the top of the message
- When the patient name comes up, select it and the correspondence will be assigned to the patient.
When you archive messages in the Inbox, they are removed from the view to keep things tidy. If they have been matched to a patient, they will still be visible in their Correspondence tab.
If you have multiple sites, you can filter your correspondence by site using the filter
- Click on one site and the other sites will appear.
- Select the site you want from the drop down list.
- You will now be able to see that site's correspondence
To filter correspondence so that you see only the sent items, for example, use the filter. It defaults to your Inbox.
- To see Sent Items or Archived Items, click on Inbox and select the items you require.
- When you have finished looking at Sent or Archived Items, we recommend you change this filter back to Inbox before leaving the screen
To find out more about scanning and uploading documents into Dentally, we have a helpful webpage on this topic - Uploading scanned documents into Dentally