Having patients on the correct Payment Plan not only dictates the default pricing used when producing a treatment plan, but helps when reporting on your patient numbers, recalls, etc.
If you have several Payment Plan options for your patients, you can control how these work yourself.
To add a new Payment Plans and configure how the existing ones work go to Settings > Treatments and Plans > Payment Plans tab.
You need to have Level 4 (Administrator) permissions to be able to do this.
Creating a new Payment Plan
To create a new payment plan select the 'Create new Payment Plan' button.
You can now set the default options for this plan:
- Name & Patient Friendly Name
- Colour - the default colour used for this payment plan against patient records & calendar appointments
- Exam Duration - the default appointment duration for Exam appointments
- Scale & Polish Duration - the default appointment duration for S&P appointments
- Exam + Scale & Polish Duration - the default appointment duration for joint Exam + S&P appointments
- Emergency - the default appointment duration for Emergency appointments
- Recall defaults when adding a new patient
When you have created a new Payment Plan, you may wish to then set the default treatment fees and durations for treatments carried out under that plan. Check our web page on changing treatment prices on how to do this.
Editing an Existing Payment Plan
To edit an existing plan, navigate to the plan you wish to edit and click the 'Edit' button. The edit box will appear where you can edit the information above.
When you are editing an existing Payment Plan, you can choose to make it inactive, if you no longer need to use it or run adjustments on your fee prices if your fees increase or decrease or if you are setting up a new plan.
Now remember to hit 'Save'!