To add a new user to Dentally go to Settings > Users > +New User.
You need to be logged in with Permission Level 4 (Administrator) permissions to create a new user.
Name, email and phone
- Add the user's name and email address and mobile phone number.
- This email address becomes the user's login name and must be an email address they have access to. The email address must be unique to Dentally.
- The mobile phone number needs to be entered in this section if you want to switch on the extra security feature of 2 Factor Authentication. Find out about two factor authentication on our web page. You can leave this blank if you don't intend to use this feature.
- You have 2 settings - Permission level and Role.
- The Permission level dictates what features a user may or may not see and use. See the web page about Permission Levels for help here.
- The User's Role will help you with filter on Reports.
- Two-Factor Authentication is switched on from My Account > Security, as detailed in our two-factor authentication web page.
Restrict Login Hours
You can also restrict the user log in hours here.
- You can select the days and hours that the user is permitted to use Dentally. You would do this, for example, of a member of staff only works 2 days a week, or you don't want staff accessing Dentally out of hours.
- When you change the times, click on Done to save the changes to hours
- Then click Save to save the entire list of settings.
You may want to make sure that Dentally can only be accessed from certain computers in certain locations.
You can prevent / enable staff to log in to Dentally from specific IP addresses.
- You set these restrictions initially in the Settings > Practice Settings > Other > Security. We have a web page on Practice Settings to help you if you are unsure about these settings.
- Once IP login restrictions have been set for the practice, you can override them by clicking "Allow login from any IP address".
You can now save the User.
They will be sent an email, inviting them to join Dentally. They need to click on the link in this email, which will take them to the login screen. In this screen, they will be asked to set up a password.
If they miss the invitation email, you can come back into this screen to resend the invite. The new user must follow the most recent invitation link which expires if not used within a short time period.
Set a new user as a Practitioner
If you have set the new member of staff's role as a Dentist or Hygienist, they will also have a 'Practitioner' set up for them.
A Practitioner will automatically have an appointment book set up.
These Practitioners are editable from the Practitioner tab at the top of the Users screen.
We have a web page specifically to help you to Add a New Practitioner.
You can change their colour and NHS settings in there if you need to.
If you need to set up the working hours differently to the practice standard, you will need to use recurring appointments in the Settings menu.
Practitioners who work across multiple practices
Practitioners can work across multiple practices.
- They need one login as a user.
- At each practice, they need to be set up as a Practitioner
- When they login, they select the site they are working from that day.
For more information on setting up Practitioners who work across multiple sites, we have a helpful web page.