NHS Claims Report Filters
To find your claims with Errors, use the filters on the left-hand side.
Filter by date, Location, Practitioner, Status, NHS Band and Contract.
To view the Treatment Plan in another tab, click on the box to the left of the Treatment Plan number.
To view the patient record in another tab, click on the box to the left of the patient's name.
In the NHS Claims Report you will see several claim buttons.
- New - Recently created - it very quickly moves to Queued.
- Queued - waiting to be transmitted to NHS - you will only see this code if there is a problem with the eDental system. You do NOT need to try to submit these claims again. It will happen automatically.
- Received - The claim has been sent to the NHS and is waiting for their response.
- Submitted - The claim was successfully submitted, and we are awaiting the reconciliation.
- Queried - The claim has been queried. Often the response from Practitioner Services is that the amount you have claimed and that they wish to pay is different - Go to the individual patient record to see what to do next.
- Error - There is an Error. Go to the individual patient record to see the error and error number, and to work out what to do next. See our web page Managing errors with NHS Scotland Claims for help with these errors.
- Invalid - The claim has something wrong with it and cannot be processed. Go to the individual patient record to see what is invalid and to work out what to do next.
- Completed - Claim paid and marked as complete.
Payment & Reconciliation
Practitioner Services release the payment information towards the end of each month. Dentally asks for the information every Sunday morning and reconciles the claims if they have been released that week.
You can see the progress of claims in the NHS Claims Report.
Other Dentally web pages to help you with NHS Scotland Claims include: