Dentally's Online Appointment Booking allows your patients to book and cancel appointments at their convenience, 24/7, from a single button on your website.
If you sign up to the full Online Patient Portal, your patients can also edit their Medical History forms, update their contact details, and pay the balance on their accounts without having to spend time in the practice.
On this page we tell you what it looks like to book an appointment from a new patient's point of view.
We have a separate webpage - Online Appointment Booking - What the Practice Sees - which tells you about it from a practice point of view.
Book an appointment online
Patients can use Online Appointment Booking from a button on your website or from a link sent in your correspondence.
Booking options are offered depending on whether they are a new or an existing patient.
New Patient Booking Multisite
When you first select the menu, it allows you to see which practices are available for booking appointments.
When selecting treatments, if the treatment is available at more than one location, the patient selects the location from a dropdown menu.
If the treatment is only available at one location, only that location is offered.
New Patient Booking
- Click on New Patient
- Select the payment plan, NHS or Private.
- Selecting an option gives the patient a list of new patient treatments that are available under that payment plan. Further details about each treatment option, including a brief description, duration of appointment and cost of treatment can be given, as well as the deposit required to book - if appropriate.
- Select the practice location, where appropriate. (This option only occurs where there are multiple sites.)
- The patient now chooses Select to confirm the location and treatment.
- Next the patient will select the date and time of the appointment to suit. (The dates and times offered will be calculated based on the practitioners configured who offer this treatment, where there are appropriate gaps in your Dentally calendar.)
- If the patient cannot see a suitable date and time on this screen, they can click Next > to search for future dates.
- If the patient wants to specifically search for a practitioner or for a specific date, they click on Refine and select practitioner, location and date, before selecting Search.
- When the patient selects the date and time, the details of the selected appointment show.
- The patient taps Select.
- As a new patient, they now need to complete ALL of the fields in the form, before clicking on Next.
- If the procedure requires a deposit payment, the details of the appointment, and the option to Pay by Card now appears.
- The patient adds their card details and taps on Pay.
- If the patient has a promo code, they enter the Promo code below the Pay by Card button, and Apply.
- The discount from the Promo card is shown on the total.
- The patient now pays by card.
- A text message confirming their choice or appointment, time and date, will be sent to the phone number the patient supplied. (A confirmation email can be sent to the practice confirming this appointment too)
The Practice now sees:
- A new patient record created
- A new patient appointment is created
- The appointment is shown in the appointment tab - and shows as "Booked Online"
4. Deposit Payment (if taken) is shown in the patient's account tab
Online Appointment Booking for Patients
We have a series of web pages to help you see what your patients will see when they use Online Appointment Booking.
Patient Portal Options for Patients
We have a series of web pages to help you see what your patients will see when they use the Patient Portal.