As you reopen your practice, you will need to restart your recalls.
If you run recalls manually, this is how you will need to do this.
Things to consider
- You can run recalls in conjunction with patients whose appointments the practice cancelled - using the Appointments report. You may wish to contact those who had appointments first. You can use the Appointment report to contact those patients whose appointments the practice cancelled due to COVID-19
- There will be a large number of patients waiting on a recall. Decide in which order of preference to recall them.
- Patients close to the 6 month date window, (for example Dec 2019 or Jan 2020) who would will automatically be marked as missed, will be picked up again in the near future by the system.
Run Manual Recalls
You can run recalls by date range, but this will give you large numbers of patients to recall. You may find it easier to run recalls in segments, using the filters.
To recall your patients in Dentally, you need to run the Recalls report and filter the results to just those patients you wish to contact.
Filter by Date
Firstly, and most importantly, you should filter the report to show you the recalls due between the dates you require.
Setting these dates at the top of the report will filter the results to only show patients with a recall due between those dates.
Remember that if a recall was due January 2020 and you run the report in June 2020 any patients due a 6 month recall will be marked as "missed" and be picked up again by the report from July 2020.
Use additional filters to segment patients into manageable numbers.
To run the Recall Report for Private patients, with unbooked Dentist recalls from 1 Jan to 29 Feb, who can be contacted by email, set the filters accordingly, shown below.
To send Recall messages to these patients, click on the check box above Patients, to select all patients.
- Now select the communication method.
- Select the appropriate template
- Send the recall correspondence
- Clear the patients from the list so that you don't recall them more than once.
- For any patients for whom the correspondence does not appear to be sent successfully, check in the patient details that they have chosen to receive email or SMS.
- Repeat the sequence for each preferred communication method.
- Repeat the sequence for each different filter option - e.g. payment plan, date range.
Additional web pages
How to use the Appointment report to contact those patients whose appointments the practice cancelled due to COVID-19