As you reopen your practice, you will need to restart your recalls.
If you have automated recalls set up, this is how you will need to do this.
Things to consider
- You can run recalls in conjunction with patients whose appointments the practice cancelled - using the Appointments report. You may wish to contact those who had appointments first. How to use the Appointment report to contact those patients whose appointments the practice cancelled due to COVID-19
- Patients close to the 6 month date window, (for example Dec 2019 or Jan 2020) who would will automatically be marked as missed, will be picked up again in the near future by the system.
- There may be a large number of patients at stage 1 of the workflow.
Change to Active
- Change your inactive workflows to Active
- Select your workflow
- Change the Status to Active Yes
There is no additional work required by staff, after setting the recall workflow to Active.
The existing recalls on workflows should catch up with where they were before the COVID-19 closure.
While the recalls were turned off, no new recalls will have been produced, so when automated recalls are turned on, any patient due or overdue a new recall will receive one immediately and the workflow will start.
Patients who were already at a stage 2 in the workflow when it was set to Inactive, will remain at Stage 2 and continue through the workflow as normal, once it is set to Active once again.
Remember if you need to send out recall letters, and you use Dentally mail, check that you have enabled Dentally mail.
Additional web pages
How to use the Appointment report to contact those patients whose appointments the practice cancelled due to COVID-19