Using a template for repetitive tasks saves you time and makes sure that you capture all the important information you need. Use our COVID-19 template to assist you with your patient assessment - this will add the custom fields section automatically to a treatment in your services list.
To create the COVID-19 assessment first go to to Settings > Treatments and Plans. You must have Level 4 (Administrator) permissions to do this.
Create a new treatment.
- Create a new treatment. You may wish to call it something like "COVID-19 assessment".
- Complete the mandatory fields, Treatment Code and Nomenclature. You can add the Patient Friendly Name if you wish.
- Save the Treatment.
- Set the Region to Patient and the Category to Diagnostic.
- Set the Price and the Times for each payment plan.
- Click on Fields
Download our Template file
You need to download the COVID-19 assessment from here .
- Save it to your downloads or your desktop. It needs to be saved somewhere you can find it easily. You will need to unzip this file before uploading into Dentally.
- From the fields button click on Import from file.
- Locate the file and upload.
- The fields will now show in your new treatment template.
- Save the treatment template
To use template open a treatment plan.
- Locate the COVID-19 treatment that you have just made and double click to put the treatment into the treatment plan
- Go to the fields tab and and there you will see the new custom fields for the COVID-19 assessment.
- Complete the assessment.
- Complete the treatment in the usual way
Make the treatment a favourite
Click on the star next to the treatment to add the treatment to your list of favourites.
Associated web pages
We have web pages to help you with Creating Custom Fields in Treatment Items