Login to your Online Booking Dashboard using your Patient Portal User account.
You manage your Patient Portal with Online Appointment Booking from your Dashboard. The features you have access to depends upon your Plan - Online Booking Appointment, or Patient Portal or both.
Here you can manage which treatments are available to patients via the Online Booking appointment system.
Add a new treatment
- Add A New Treatment - this button is found at the bottom of your current treatment list.
- Treatment name - This will be a short name which is displayed to patients on the list of available treatments.
- Treatment Description - This is a longer description of what the patient can expect if they select this treatment.
- Duration of appointment (minutes)
- Treatment Reason - This must match EXACTLY the Treatment Reasons in Dentally. When you select treatment reason, if you cannot see the reason, select "Other" and type in the Reason as it appears in Dentally.
- If you need to create a new Treatment Reason, a Level 4 Admin can do this in Dentally - Settings > Patient Settings > Calendar > Appointment Reasons.
- Practitioners - Select which Practitioner(s) can take online bookings for this treatment.
- Select the Payment Plan, the duration, the price and any deposit required at the time of booking. It is easier if you initially set Patients up as either NHS or Private. Once in surgery you can discuss with them the appropriate plan going forward. A new patient created in Dentally will be assigned to the payment plan they choose from this new patient treatment.
- NB: To set up a Deposit required, you MUST have added and enabled your Stripe account. There are details on how to do this on the Setting up Your Patient Portal with Online Appointment Booking web page.
Manage Existing Treatments
To manage existing treatments, click anywhere in the treatment line and the Edit treatment box will appear.
Make Treatment Not Available for booking
- To quickly make the treatment unavailable for booking, click on the treatment, and untick the Bookable/active? option at the top of the Edit Treatment box.
- This will remove it as an option from your portal.
- You can re-enable it in future if required.
Delete a treatment from the treatment list
- To delete the treatment completely, click on the treatment list and select Remove from the 3 dots at the far right hand side.
To change or add options such as making the treatment available to existing patients on a particular payment plan, or to add a deposit for existing patients,
- Edit the treatment
- Select whether the treatment is available for New or Existing patients or both.
- Select the appropriate payment plan
- Select the practitioners (where appropriate)
- Add the price and the deposit for the specified payment plan
Change the order of treatments
Treatments appear in your treatment list in the order in which you created them.
- To change the order of treatments, click on the link at the bottom of the screen
- Click on the link
- Select the treatment you want to move
- Move it up or down the treatment list
- When you are satisfied with the order, click Finish Reordering.