Practice Settings is the place to go when you need to manage practice details. Site Settings is where you manage settings for your site. You must have Level 4 (Administrator) permissions to alter Practice settings.
Select Settings and click Practice Settings.
Practice Setting is split into 7 tabs:
If you have asked to Export your Dentally data, there will also be an Export tab here.
Practice Settings - Recalls Tab
- Enable / disable recalls here using the check box
- Select the timing for running recalls. Choose from 1 week in advance to 8 weeks in advance.
- This means that if a patient has a recall appointment - Exam, Scale and Polish, or Exam, Scale and Polish - they will appear when you run your Recalls Report the selected number of weeks prior to their appointment date.
- Save your recall settings
Recall Automation Settings
Please talk to the Dentally Support Team before you enable this.
- Enable / disable recall automation here using the check box
- The daily dispatch cap is the total number of recall messages that you wish to send each day. This setting allows you to manage your daily email or SMS or Dentally Mail quota, preventing you from overloading your system or running up an unexpected bill.
- If you have more recalls to be sent than you have allowed in your daily limit, the remaining recalls will be sent the next day. The number of outstanding daily recalls is displayed.
- Select which days you want to send automated recalls. As recall messages are likely to evoke a response, we recommend you end them on days that the practice is open so that you can book in the appointments.
- Save your automated recall options.
Additional Practice Setting web pages
Each tab in Practice Settings has its own helpful web page. Select what you need from this list:
Practice Settings - Other Settings - Security, Custom fields and charting, Support, Internationalisation, Payments, Portal