Error Explained

You need to put your performer number or contract name in Dentally’s settings in order for the claim to go through.

How to Resolve

NHS contract number

  • To resolve an NHS contract number go to settings and select Practice.

  • Then Select the NHS tab from there you can add your NHS contract number.

  • Click Save.

Performer number

  • To resolve a performer number issue go to Settings

  • Then select the user tabs followed by the desired practitioner.

  • Click the edit button on the right-hand side of your practitioner name and enter the performer number. Remember to click save once you have edited.

For more help with contract names and numbers, take a look at our support docs:

Setting up a practice for NHS submissions

Adding a new practitioner

Additional NHS Claim Error support documentation

For additional support documents showing you how to resolve common NHS Claim errors, please see below

Dealing with NHS Claim Problems - This is an overview of claim errors

Specific NHS Claim Errors

NHS Claims Error - Claim is invalid

NHS Claim Error - Further treatment within 2 months

NHS Claim Error - Treatment dates are outside the period of the contract or the performer's tenure

NHS Claim Error - Duplicate or overlapping claims

NHS Claim Error - Invalid location ID

NHS Claim Error - No significant treatment on a claim - England and Wales

NHS Claim Error - Further treatment within 2 months

NHS Claim Error - Invalid PIN

NHS Claim Error - SQ Ind claim where original has already been deleted or is in error

NHS Claim Error - Free Repair / Replacement

NHS Claim Error - Inappropriate Treatment code used

NHS Scotland Specific Errors

NHS Scotland Claim Error - No significant treatment on a claim

Additional NHS England and Wales Support web pages

Submitting an NHS claim

Resubmitting and Withdrawing NHS Claims

Sending incomplete or FTR Claims

COVID-19 Triage Assessment Forms

How to use the NHS Claims Report to track the progress of NHS claims in England and Wales

Did this answer your question?