The iPad app is a great way of showing the estimate to the patient while still in the practice. They can sign the estimate digitally and then it is kept in their records. All in a matter of seconds with no printing or scanning. Easy!
This is how you do it:
- Produce an estimate from the treatment plan in the normal way and save it.
- In the iPad app, with the relevant patient selected, any estimates you have produced will be in the ‘Estimates’ tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the correct Estimate and press Enable Patient mode. This will lock the iPad app so that the estimate is all they can see.
- Once the patient is happy with the estimate, they can sign the box at the bottom and press Done.
- They will then be told to pass the iPad back to a member of staff.
- The iPad can then be unlocked by a member of staff, the signature checked and the signed estimate saved.
- The signed estimate now shows on the iPad. It will have a pen icon by it so you can see at a glance that it has been signed.
- On the Dentally desktop you will see that the Estimate has been signed.
- The signed estimate can now be seen in the Correspondence tab of the patient’s record.
- If you go into the patient's correspondence tab, you will see the signed estimate.
- Click on View to see it.