Permission levels describe the amount of access a user has when using Dentally. We have overall Permission Levels, and the ability to customise permissions..
Overall Permission Levels
0 - No Access (Access Level 0)
This option means the user will have no access to the system. This User level is useful for when a member of staff leaves as it removes their access from the system but keeps their activity log for future reference.
1 - Reception (Access Level 1)
This access level is usually reserved for receptionist or clerical staff, this level allows the user to check calendars add appointments, make payment on the system and view all patient details.
Specifically functions Level 1 users can perform include:
- use all functions of the Appointment Book
- add, edit, merge and contact patients
- take payments
- add sundry items to an invoice
- print / email invoices and estimates and receipts
- add / remove NHS exemption
- add pinned notes
- create, email, print correspondence to patients
- upload documents and files
- create and complete tasks
- add medical history and medical alert
- send medical history link
- view and print perio exam
- view chart history and base chart
- check/ archive and assign inbox SMS and emails
- Create patient list from Patients report
- Run Takings report for the day only
- Invoices report
2 - Standard Practitioner (Access Level 2)
Level 2 is the level for a standard practitioner. It includes all level 1 functionality. This role is often assigned to dentists and hygienists. Access level 2 users can not see any practice financial reports.
Specifically Level 2 users can perform all the functions of a Level 1 user plus
- Create a Perio exam
- Create a plaque and bleed exam
- Upload images to the chart
- Reopen a treatment plan
- Create / edit base chart
- Create/ charge and complete treatment plan items
- Create estimates
- Can add and edit template notes
- If NHS, submit a treatment plan, triage, prior approval and ortho claim
- Send correspondence from Patients report
- View invoice report
- If NHS, view UDA Report, NHS Claims report and NHS Forecast report
- View your activity on Practitioner Activity report
3 - Practice Manager (Access Level 3)
Level 3 is recommended for Practice mangers and includes all the functionality of level 2. Additionally they can see the practice financial reports.
Specifically Level 3 users can perform all of the functions of a Level 2 user plus
- Remove/edit recurring appointment blocks
- Merge duplicate patient records
- Export patient clinical history
- Export patient lists from the Patients report
- Run Takings report over a specified period
- Access Invoice Timeline report
- Access Private Forecast report
4 - Administrator (Access level 4)
Level 4 is recommended for owners or administrators as it allows all functionality.
Specifically Level 4 users can perform all of the functions of all levels. There are some functions which only those with Level 4 Permissions can access, and these include
- Delete a patient's record
- Delete a payment
- Delete an invoice
- Delete a Medical History, the same day that it was created
- Full access to the Settings menu
- Access to the patient Audit tab
Opt in Security options
In order to make Dentally as flexible as you need, you can select to allow certain users at a lower lever some important higher level functions
- Submit NHS Claims - Opt in for all users
- Delete invoice - opt in for under level 4
- Delete Payment - opt in for under level 4
- Can merge patients - opt in for under level 4
- Edit recurring appointments in diary - opt in for under level 3
- Can bulk edit appointments in diary - opt in for under level 3
- Hide stats on Dashboard - opt in for all levels
- Prevent from discounting treatment prices when charting - opt in on all levels
Customised Permission Levels
In addition to the overall permission levels, those with permission Level 4 (administrator) can grant additional permissions to individuals.
The additional permissions are:
- Allow the bulk editing of appointments
- Allow invoices to be deleted
- Allow payments to be deleted
- Allow patients to be merged
- Prevent the discounting of treatments. Users with this will be allowed to increase the price of a treatment when charting (for things like lab bills) but will not be able to decrease the price of a treatment from its default price
- Hide statistics on the dashboard. This is the only one that can also apply to level 4 users should they wish to not see the dashboard when logging into their account.
How to add permissions to levels 1, 2 and 3
A user with Permission Level 4 (Administrator) can make these changes to other users.
Go to Settings > Users > Edit > Security and tick the boxes to give or deny the additional permissions and functions you wish this member of staff to have.
How to change user permissions for a Level 4 user.
Users with Level 4 Permissions (Administrator) can change whether they can submit NHS claims, and whether they want to see the statistics on their dashboard as they log in.
This is found in Settings > Users > Edit > Security.