Using a template for repetitive tasks saves you time and makes sure that you capture all the important information you need. Use an ACORN (Assessment of Clinical Oral Risks & Needs) template to assist you with your patient assessment - this will add the custom fields section automatically to a treatment in your services list.
To create the ACORN assessment first go to to Settings > Treatments and Plans> Create a new Treatment. You must have Level 4 (Administrator) permissions to do this.
Download our ACORN assessment Template file
You need to download the ACORN custom fields here .
- Save the to your downloads or your desktop. It needs to be saved somewhere you can find it easily.
- It is a compressed or zipped file
- You will need to unzip this file before uploading into Dentally.
- The file is called acorn-assessment.zip
- You need to double click on it to extract it.
- Once extracted, the file you need is called acorn-assessment.json. It is a file full of code.
- Your computer might not know what to do with a file with the letters .json after the full stop. If you cannot see the file after unzipping it, contact Dentally support.
Create a new treatment.
- Create a new treatment. You may wish to call it something like "ACORN assessment".
- Complete the mandatory fields, Treatment Code and Nomenclature. You can add the Patient Friendly Name if you wish.
- Save the Treatment.
- Set the Region to Patient and the Category to Diagnostic.
- Set the Price and the Times for each payment plan.
- Click on Fields
- From the fields button click on Import from file.
- Locate the file acorn-assessment.json and upload.
- The fields will now show in your new treatment template.
- Save the treatment template
To use template open a treatment plan
- Locate the ACORN treatment that you have just made and double click to put the treatment into the treatment plan
- Go to the fields tab and and there you will see the new custom fields for the ACORN assessment.
- Complete the assessment.
- Complete the treatment in the usual way
Make the treatment a favourite
Click on the star next to the treatment to add the treatment to your list of favourites.
ACORN Optional Dataset on Submission
N.B. If you are a practice in Wales, and you have opted in to the ACORN pilot, these custom fields are in addition to the Optional dataset items you automatically see when you submit the claim.
You still need to complete these Optional dataset items before you submit the claim.